Due to the current crisis in Europe, energy efficiency is more important than ever. As a result, responsible building owners and managers are thinking about the best ways to save energy. In our recent study, we observed significant savings potential in our customers’ properties to be achieved by room temperature optimization. However, the challenges of lowering room temperatures have prevented most property owners from capitalizing on the potential. Our new energy-saving tool will help property owners successfully locate the potential, monitor the success of the measures, and reliably report on the successful energy-saving project.
We recently reported on a study made by our Chief Technology Officer, wherein the heating season 2021-2022 more than 65% of the spaces in Freesi were found to have savings potential that could be achieved by room temperature optimization. Based on our calculations, in a property portfolio of 100,000 m2 that could mean annual savings of up to 60,000 euros.
Our customers’ properties, therefore, have significant savings potential, but the challenges of lowering temperatures have prevented most of our customers from optimizing temperatures and obtaining savings. Moreover, energy prices keep rising and action to save energy should be taken now. For this reason, we studied the challenges related to the temperature optimization project and created a tool to facilitate our customers’ energy-saving efforts.
Challenges we wanted to overcome with our new energy-saving feature related to lowering room temperatures:
- How do I know in which properties in the portfolio I have saving potential?
- How do I ensure that the conditions remain comfortable and the users satisfied?
- How do I credibly communicate the successful energy-saving project to all stakeholders?
- How do I ensure that the measures do not cause harm for the building?
- How do I ensure the benefits of the project in the long term?
Freesi’s new energy-saving tool brings a solution to the challenges of room temperature optimization
On FreesiCloud’s new energy-saving view, you can see property-specific saving potential and locate the saving potential in the right part of the building. This way, you can more easily determine where and what technical measures you should take to save energy. At the same time, you can easily monitor the success of the adjustment procedures and ensure that the temperatures remain at the target level.
How will you get access to the new feature?
Our customers get access to the new energy-saving view free of charge. We will provide further instructions soon in the FreesiCloud software as a popup when you sign in. However, the tool’s most significant added value is obtained when temperature measurements from the entire property portfolio are imported into FreesiCloud to see the site-specific savings potential for all properties. This way, measures can be targeted at the most profitable properties in the portfolio.
With the help of IoT sensors, the temperature measurement data can be brought to our analytics software inexpensively, regardless of the property’s age or the building technology. In addition, we have created a service package for energy-saving projects to provide the tools for successful energy-saving projects in extensive propety portfolio’s at a low cost. Our sales representatives are happy to discuss this further with you. Book a meeting with us and let’s see if we can help you in your energy-saving efforts.
5 steps to successfully optimizing temperatures with Freesi:
- Identify which properties in your property portfolio have savings potential that can be achieved by room temperature optimization.
- Diagnose and prioritize the spaces to be optimized within the property. Find out how the savings potential is distributed: identify on which floors, in which rooms the savings potential is.
- Map the technical measures required to optimize the temperature in the chosen premises.
- Inform users and monitor user satisfaction with real-time user feedback.
- Monitor the success of the measures and communicate the successful energy-saving project reliably to all stakeholders.